Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Here I Am Again!

Well, what can I say! I am a glutton for punishment I guess. I am back in Afghanistan for a fourth time! Yes...FOURTH time! I was here in 2005 for all of 1 month, but to me that still counts. I couldn't ask for a better gig than this one. The work is steady and not too overwhelming! However, working with a great group of guys really helps. The less I have to babysit or be someones mom the better for me and our team as a whole.

So why did I come back? I have done all the other jobs a Close Protection Operator can do. I have been a rear gunner, I have done the advance, I've driven, I've bodyguarded and I've been second in command. This time around I wanted to be a team leader. I got my wish! I also got my pick of spots (Eggers). The PL COMD said since I had been over here as many times as I had been, that I should get to pick where I want to go, almost like a reward.

Right now we are gearing up for all sorts of fun. I promised my beautiful wife that I would keep this thing updated more often. Check back because I plan on updating at least once a week.

No comments: